Friday, June 3, 2011

A Dose of Reality and Rest for my Soul.....

We have been home from vacation for almost a week now....and what a week it has been! I feel like I needed a vacation to recover from vacation!! We had a wonderful time but I was not ready to re-enter reality!!


I will be completely honest....this last week I have been irritable, impatient, and well, I will admit just down right GRUMPY!! Those that live and work with me can attest to that! It's like I have zero tolerance for anything. I feel like the Lion who has a thorn in his paw and doesn't want anyone to touch him. But, I could not put my finger on what the "thorn" that was bothering me was......


It has been a busy week. I have not made it to bed before midnight one night. I went to a coupon class Tuesday night, (by the way it was awesome!!) and we had little league games both Wednesday and Thursday nights. Not to mention working all day. I have walked around my house and looked at the unpacked suitcases on my bedroom floor, the piles of laundry in the laundry room, the messes in my kids' rooms, the dust bunnies on my floors and let that completely steal my joy!


Today is my day off and I had huge plans and expectations on my self to clean my house from top to bottom. But, the reality is, it is simply impossible to accomplish that in one day when you have four children. Most of the time I am not willing to accept that reality! My track record is to set these unattainable goals for myself and family and then melt down when the goal is not achieved.....I know history repeats itself.....and I was not up for a rerun today.


 So, in an attempt to come to grips with reality, instead of jumping in to full crazy woman cleaning mode, I decided I need to do some soul searching to prevent another repeat........I have read a couple of devotionals and scripture this morning, along with a couple of blogs. It is amazing how quickly the view of your own life and reality can change when seen in perspective of other's lives and struggles, and God's Word. I was quickly reminded that my idealistic goals of attaining and maintaining a perfectly organized and clean house were just a little out of whack!!

I have allowed myself to become weary and burdened by all of my self inflicted expectations instead of focusing on Him and the blessings He has given me. There are others who are burdened with much bigger worries than I! God has provided for ALL my needs, blessed me with a job, a home, four amazing children, and an awesome supportive husband!  So, my focus should be on Him and thanking Him for His bountiful blessings and peace.

Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." No matter what causes us to be weary and burdened whether it be large or small, we can rest in Him! As I am still trying to re coop from vacation and clean my house today, I am going to find rest for my soul in Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment