Saturday, May 14, 2011

Never A Dull Moment.......

Whew!! The weekend is only half over and I am WIPED OUT!! It has been a couple of super busy days. Although with four kids everyday is busy.......and full of "excitement"........NEVER a dull moment!!

Yesterday was Fun Day at the school. I had volunteered to take a shift of face painting, then planned to  spend the rest of the day enjoying Fun Day with my kids. So, it was a little bit of craziness trying to get all 6 of us out of the door before 8:15am, it was sort of a blur....As we were all getting out of the car to head into school, I turned around to see if we were all ready to cross the parking lot together. That's when I noticed that Hunter was still wearing the shirt he wore to bed last night! To top it off he had a big tooth paste spot right in the middle of it!! Really!! I was mortified.....how did I miss that!! He just giggled and said, "I forgot!"

Once I got over the shirt incident.....I had a blast at Fun Day! I watched the kids play kick ball, pushed them  on the swings, painted faces, played with sidewalk chalk and bubbles, watched them play in the bounce houses, hung out with them at lunch and had a pizza party with the kindergartens! I was worn out but had a great day! The only down side was trying to divide myself as evenly as possible between three classes. At one point Josh was in tears because he didn't want me to leave his class. (  and I worried he would be "too cool" to have me around) It broke my heart!

Today was another story! On the agenda was baking, cleaning, laundry, the boys' first T ball game and a birthday party. I was up with the oven on by 6:45 AM......by 12:45 most of the cleaning and laundry was done, birthday cake completed and a broken glass and window thrown in the mix!

But the "highlight" of my day........We arrived at McDonald's after the T ball game for the birthday party. As I am trying to hurry all four kids out of the car and inside out of the rain, I hear Emma say, "I have a dime stuck in my nose." WHAT!!?? Yes, I heard it right and you read it right....Emma had a dime stuck in her nose!! All I could think was, "Great! I don't have time to go to the ER today!" So, I ushered all four kids in out of the rain, we made our grand entrance to the party with much excitement!! After much blowing and praying....the dime came out!!

We followed the party with a trip to the grocery store, with all four kids! I know better than that but I was desperate! So after telling the kids a hundred times to keep their hands to themselves and to get out of the freezers, I walked out of the store frustrated and out of patience.

As I struggled the feelings of guilt yesterday for not being able to spend enough time with each of my kids, I thought of how God, our Heavenly Father, is all present. I thought of how He is more than enough for each of us who will allow Him to be. I was overwhelmed as I thought of the personal nature of God and how He can/ does meet ALL our needs! Then, today as I was drained and frustrated with my kids I thought about the perfect love of God. His patience with us. I praised Him for not getting so frustrated with me when He has to tell me something a million times, like I do with my kids!

"The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin." Exodus 34:6-7

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I had permission from Emma to blog about the dime in the nose story!

    ReplyDelete