Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Commercial of my Life....

Okay, I recently saw a commercial on TV that made me crack up!! It was like totally written from my life! It went like this: Two moms are sitting on a park bench, Mom #1 says, "My Ayden scored highest for talented and gifted!" Mom #2 says, "Oh yeah, I got underwear for my whole family for under $20 bucks at Burlington!"

If you have been following my blog you know that two of my children have been struggling academically this year. I am definitely not Mom #1 in this commercial. But, one of my last facebook posts was a picture of all the stuff I bought from CVS for $2.76.  My latest passion has been couponing, ad matching and CVSing! I love to save money and I love to tell people about it!! I am always all about a good deal!! I have a personal motto, "Never pay full price for anything!"

The last line of the commercial is "Burlington (coat factory) will give you something to brag about." All week as I have laughed about this commercial and how perfectly it sums up my life right now, that last line has been making me think and examine if I am bragging about the right things. I then remembered a verse I read recently:

"If you are going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God." 1 Corin 2:31 (MSG) 

No comments:

Post a Comment