Saturday, April 9, 2011

Is that Really Possible??

On this beautiful spring day the kids were outside playing ball. Jake comes in with wide eyes and I said, "What are you up to?" Jake says, "I have to get on the roof!" He explained that his brother Joshua had hit a ball on the roof. I followed him outside to see where he was pointing. Sure enough on the ledge of the balcony outside the boys window was a bright red softball. Jake was very determined to get the ball down! He says, "I just have to wiggle it!" I said "Wiggle what??" He says,"The house! If I wiggle it, it will fall down!" He proceeds to the corner of the front porch and begins to push on the house. I could not help but laugh.

Meanwhile as Jake was "shaking" the house I ran upstairs to their room with a yard stick, reached  though the window and pushed the ball down. When I came downstairs Jake was in the house with the ball in hand, smile as big as big as he is on his face, he points at me and says, "See I told you it was possible!!"

The word possible hit me between the eyes! He truly believed that it was possible. What would life would look like if I believed more things were possible. The Bible tells us we are to have childlike faith. Jake had just given me a true glimpse of what childlike faith look like.

"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment